Serving the Chinese Visitor
China is a beautiful culture quite different from our own. CANVAS, as part of its mission to contribute to excellence in our wine region's hospitality, is pleased to present a workshop on "Understanding and serving the Chinese Visitor".
Driven by a growing middle class and adventure-seeking millennials, outbound tourism in China is set to grow from 150 million in 2015 to 220 million by 2025. The United States alone has seen an annual growth rate of 18.4 percent, with more than 2 million Chinese visitors last year. The collective global retail spending of all Chinese tourists came out to $229 billion last year, and the number is set to continue rising annually. [From Preparing Your Business for Chinese Tourist Season, By Melody Yuan]
More than any other society this unique visitor demographic demands an understanding of their culture to be the gracious hosts we always want to be. Our panel of experts will share a range of China consumer strategies to attracting, converting, and retaining affluent Chinese customers.
- Important nuances of courtesy and the Chinese palate
- Tactical Marketing to China with outreach resources
- Winery Case Study
- Hotel Case Study
- Shipping to China
Moderated by Alf Nucifora, President of the Luxury Marketing Council, presenters include:
- Charlie Gu, Director at China Luxury Advisors
- John Stallcup, Principal, Stallcup and Associates Brand Work
- Adam Ivor, Founder Gliding Eagle
- Toddy Isham, Manager, Individual Business and Leisure Travel, The Meritage Resort
Learn, understand and become prepared to be a gracious host in order to tap in to this important visitor market!